Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Waiting for Character...

Edam
Perhaps its charging across hex boundaries that is the issue ?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
That theory has been considered repeatedly, and thoroughly debunked. I can point to exact spots where it happened that are not anywhere near a hex boundary.

The only issue appears to be whether it is possible for the rapid movement to cause you to end up in a place where it is not possible to be. Uneven terrain is the apparent culprit, resulting in a reference point on the character being inside the terrain.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
That theory has been considered repeatedly, and thoroughly debunked. I can point to exact spots where it happened that are not anywhere near a hex boundary.

The only issue appears to be whether it is possible for the rapid movement to cause you to end up in a place where it is not possible to be. Uneven terrain is the apparent culprit, resulting in a reference point on the character being inside the terrain.

OK …

So is it fair to say it is relatively safe to use charge-cure in a flat croplands hex with minimal hills or trees but quite risky in mountain/broken terrain ?
Decius
There has been a dearth of people trying to replicate that bug on demand.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam

OK …

So is it fair to say it is relatively safe to use charge-cure in a flat croplands hex with minimal hills or trees but quite risky in mountain/broken terrain ?
It appears safe to use it 99% of the time, and in my opinion, 100% of the time on flat terrain.
Tagnar
I have had a near 100% success rate in the lowland type areas. In the mountains where I live success is somewhere around 70% meaning 30% of my casts end up with me not being able to play for 1-59 minutes. It is definitely due to uneven terrain.

Tagnar of Forgeholm
Tagnar, Ironbreaker of Forgeholm
High Priest of Abadar
Edam
OK.

Well the obvious next question is, assuming you are in uneven terrain, does it matter if you are charging uphill versus downhill ?

Intuitively charging downhill should be "safe" as you can never end up under the terrain.

This would fit with the bugged behavior of mobs, where often a batch of ogres etc will try and charge uphill at you and somehow get buried in the terrain and desynch allowing you to kill them safely without any retaliation.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Intuitively charging downhill should be "safe" as you can never end up under the terrain.
That has been my assumption. I use the charge heal regularly, and have only bugged twice int he last couple of months. Always when I got careless.
Kitsune
For what it's worth, I've never, ever had the blue-screen-bug when using any form of Evade.
Aeryx
Kitsune
For what it's worth, I've never, ever had the blue-screen-bug when using any form of Evade.

I have.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post