Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Waiting for Character...

Nihimon
I have too, but it's rare, and I use Windrider a lot.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tink says Stab
It seems to hit certain people more often. I can use charges every fight, and it never happens to me. My friends hardly use charges, and the majority of the time they do, they fall through the world.

There must be something that people are doing that specifically triggers it.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Kitsune
Tinkerton
There must be something that people are doing that specifically triggers it.

Then whatever it is, I've never done it. Ever. I've never seen the "blue screen bug" (although I've fallen through the world enough times in Alpha to know what it looks like).

And I use feats like Footwork (20m evade to self) a LOT. Even when I was using a short sword with Balestra (10m charge), I hadn't run into then, either.

Perhaps it's connection-speed or latency related?
Giorgio
Kitsune

Have you used it in non flat terrains like Swamps, hills and mountains on a regular basis?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Tink says Stab
Giorgio
Kitsune

Have you used it in non flat terrains like Swamps, hills and mountains on a regular basis?

I have. I semi-regularly (or at least I was semi-regularly) charge people on the mountains in the SE. I also semi-regularly charge monsters on ZKM. No fall-through-world.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Kitsune
Tinkerton
Giorgio
Kitsune

I have. I semi-regularly (or at least I was semi-regularly) charge people on the mountains in the SE. I also semi-regularly charge monsters on ZKM. No fall-through-world.

The evades like Footwork, most definitely. It usually just flings me up the hill. The charge on Balestra? Unsure, it's been a long time since I've used it last.

I only mention the connection/latency, as my ping to the server is typically between 50-60ms, and my connection speed is very decent ( 80/8 ).
Ryan Dancey
For the record, I was standing in Marchmont near the Tutorial NPCs last Sunday, like I do every weekend, just waiting for someone to ask for help or need a question answered, and my character bluescreened and went to "Waiting for Character…." No input from me whatsoever.

It's a disturbingly weird bug.
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
For the record, I was standing in Marchmont near the Tutorial NPCs last Sunday, like I do every weekend, just waiting for someone to ask for help or need a question answered, and my character bluescreened and went to "Waiting for Character…." No input from me whatsoever.

It's a disturbingly weird bug.

The game was predicting that you were going to charge or evade at some point, and decided it would be best to just bluescreen your character preemptively. smile
Jokken
Aeryx
Kitsune
For what it's worth, I've never, ever had the blue-screen-bug when using any form of Evade.

I have.

I have not during EE 7. I have on previous versions.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Tagnar
Just thought I would let you know I just blue screened while fighting the new elementals. I got pushed around plenty by their spells without mishap however after some hours of fighting them they eventually pushed me into the terrain. It looked just like when I run into the Charge bug.(sorry pun) Just a few minutes until the script runs luckily. smile
Tagnar, Ironbreaker of Forgeholm
High Priest of Abadar

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post