Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bulk Resources Future Increased Weight

Brighthaven Leader
Ehhh considering that top end settlements require over 7,000 bulk resources per week that is 35 trips per week @ 5 Encumbrance.

I think people just don't like to do chores. Until the population gets bigger GW should consider leaving it at 1 encumbrance. When we have a larger population it will be less of a chore.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Rynnik
Cheatle for TEO
Ehhh considering that top end settlements require over 7,000 bulk resources per week that is 35 trips per week @ 5 Encumbrance.

I think people just don't like to do chores. Until the population gets bigger GW should consider leaving it at 1 encumbrance. When we have a larger population it will be less of a chore.
People like to fly around getting handed shiny stuff as well. Doesn't mean that it is a good way to design a game.

Hard is fun.

Sandboxes require mechanics to allow human interaction to take place. If we were teleporting around carrying a bajillion things that couldn't happen.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Brighthaven Leader
Boring is not fun.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Rynnik
Cheatle for TEO
Boring is not fun.
No, but it is relative.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Also the whole limited security options cuts down on how to arrange people for such things too. In this case I agree with Cheatle, right now it's boring, not fun, and moving stuff 3 hexes ain't exactly hard either it's boring and tedious. There is a difference between difficult and time consuming that is lost on a lot of people.
Rynnik
Duffy Swiftshadow
Also the whole limited security options cuts down on how to arrange people for such things too. In this case I agree with Cheatle, right now it's boring, not fun, and moving stuff 3 hexes ain't exactly hard either it's boring and tedious. There is a difference between difficult and time consuming that is lost on a lot of people.
As a lot of people don't really understand how sandboxes work.

Time consuming is required. It is about windows. If the windows are too short or too uncommon sandbox interaction doesn't/won't happen. Game fails.

Time consuming is a necessary evil.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Oh we know how they work, we're just not tied to failed dichotomies and repeating ourselves like the 47th time will magically mean something more. Hamster wheels are boring, even if there is a cookie at the end. I thought the point of this game was to do some different and meaningful, not repeat the mistakes of others, or are we gonna get bogged down in 'no true sandbox' b.s. now?

Why break the mold on some things and remain shackled to other bad designs? For traditions sake? Necessary evil is a nice cliche statement, nothing backing it though.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Hmm. Phone double posting again.
Rynnik
Duffy Swiftshadow
Oh we know how they work, we're just not tied to failed dichotomies and repeating ourselves like the 47th time will magically mean something more. Hamster wheels are boring, even if there is a cookie at the end. I thought the point of this game was to do some different and meaningful, not repeat the mistakes of others, or are we gonna get bogged down in 'no true sandbox' b.s. now?

Why break the mold on some things and remain shackled to other bad designs? For traditions sake? Necessary evil is a nice cliche statement, nothing backing it though.
I'd love to know your alternatives/examples. Get as mad at me as you like - it literally couldn't matter less. The point remains sandbox games are misunderstood and, as clearly demonstrated, many in this community have no idea of the implications of what they ask for are when they ask things.

I really don't care if the 48th time I say the same thing also bothers you. At least I know new audience stumbling into this thread and all 47 others have a chance to consider a perspective that might make this game into one we all want to play. Even the sparkle pony hamster wheel crew.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ah man you don't get it, we're not mad at all, it's fun making you sputter and insult people when you run out of anything to say. It's like messing with Heroguides/Xanne, more a hobby now than anything. No one actually takes you seriously, you turned yourself into a punchline.

How about as the big anti proponent you come up with something that would appease you but also appease the other side as an exercise? How about a little give and take instead of just yelling 'no'? Oh wait that would require not sticking to some other game's dogma and proclaiming the one true sandbox way.

Anyways as to the topic on hand, I'm pretty sure the idea GW originally posited that outposts were vulnerable to raiding during a window and then transferred to the secure holding auto-magically (unless you move them yourself in that window) circumvents chore activities a bit. Why not take it to the next level and have it move to the settlement under some circumstances? Or if there's problem cause some distances might be really big, try making an avenue that's less time consuming? How about a weekly activity instead of a daily activity? I'm sure someone can come up with some more ideas.

Might not get a chance to continue this for a day or two but don't fear I'll be back!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post