Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Humble Extra Life Bundle 2017 & Communication/Social Tools

Giorgio
Editors note 11/14/17:

This special promotion is over; feel free to continue this thread on topics related to new players and communication/social tools or related matters. The title has been updated also.

———————————————————————————————————-

Humble Extra Life Bundle 2017

Pathfinder Online Early Enrollment (30-day):

Currently in early enrollment, Pathfinder Online brings classic fantasy adventure to a sandbox where you, the player, control the content. You choose to wage war, build a better world, or team up with other players to take down challenging bosses (or even other groups of players).

Build Your Perfect Character: Buy skills and feats with experience you earn in real-time, and increase their ranks to unlock new skills. Combine skills from different classes and earn achievements that unlock even more powerful abilities to create a character that plays the way you want to play.

Single-Server: Everyone plays on the same server, which means you can always play with your friends. This also means your actions have potential far-reaching effects in the game. Every holding you place, every boss you kill, and every resource you gather means other players don’t have that opportunity available to them any more.

Player-Driven Economy: Gathering, refining, and crafting skills transform raw materials into powerful weapons, stalwart armor, mystical talismans, and much more. NPCs don’t sell basic gear and consumables in Pathfinder Online; players decide what they’re going to sell to others and only economic might makes right.

Own Your Slice of Golarion: Claim territory by placing holdings, then place outposts to extract the resources there. Take control of cities and build them up to suit the needs of you and your allies. The choices you make determine what resources and skills are ultimately available to players in the region.

If you’re not interested in territory control, other options let you build a cottage, freehold, base camp, or
crafter’s studio to more efficiently collect the valuable resources that fuel your economic and adventuring might.

Player vs. Player: Players fighting other players over valuable resources is a fact of life in Golarion, but there are safe zones for those that wish to avoid PvP combat. Settlement owners also get to decide on whether unsanctioned PvP is allowed in the areas they control, so you have additional options on who, if anyone, you choose to ally with—or keep your distance from.

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: You’re adventuring in the heart of the River Kingdoms, one of the many regions in the world of Golarion. Visit holy sites dedicated to the gods, run from Thornkeep to the Emerald Spire… and conquer unspeakable evils along the way.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the River Kingdoms and welcome your feedback as we finalize the features you love most. See you soon!

Note: This Humble Bundle deal is only for new players.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Flari-Merchant
That reads about right. Maybe this is why we have been seeing some new faces around here. Nice find Giorgio!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
That reads about right. Maybe this is why we have been seeing some new faces around here. Nice find Giorgio!

Thanks BL!

I have been very busy with RL and university, but I am still paying attention to this game's development, and hopefully this bundle can bring in a few more long term players. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Giorgio
The Road Foward Blog wrote:

January 2018: EE 16
Social Companies
Allow creation of social companies to act as friend lists.
Provide tools to make it easier to find friends online, chat with them and invite them to parties
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Bob,

The inability to communicate in game with ANY settlement member when they are offline, not able to use third party voice chat, and refuse to read any type of forums, is seriously hampering our* ability to run our settlement; to say nothing about how it makes it an uphill battle to recuit, train and retain new players.

As a settlement leader I desperately need these communications tools NOW, when there is an active PFO promotion going on and I actually have a chance to gain new players/settlement members, and not a few months in the future.

I am not sure that the development team is aware of how these lack of communication tools are causing a serious problem in our ability to increase the active PFO player base (amoung other things).

* = Settlement & Company leadership

Bob
We're definitely aware how important those capabilities are, which is why tackling some of them made it on the roadmap. It's just hard to balance them against so many other competing needs, each with their own excellent reasons for being done sooner rather than later. In this case, we pushed most of our social features toward the end of the schedule because the plan was to do our biggest recruiting push closer to Open Enrollment, and we felt that other features needed to be in earlier so they'd have more time to tweak them after they were initially deployed. Had we been more focused on this recruiting opportunity earlier, we might have re-ordered things a bit, but it still would have been a tough call.
Giorgio
@Bob

I understand the tradeoffs in making those hard choices, but here is my/our/PFOs current situation:

-There is a Humble Bundle PFO promotion going on.
-A new player tries the game, interacts with my settlement or alliance members, and is (happily) pointed to my settlement.
-New Player sends an application to my settlements primary company; I see the application and approve.
-New Player and I play on different times zones; so I am never online when he/she/they is.

-I can't send the New Player an in game message to welcome them (via PM or email), point them to my settlements website, send them info on our voice coms, or any information on our settlements policies, procedures, events, activities, vault permissions, info on who are friends and not friends are; what materials we need to focus on gathering, help them gear up, or any of another thousands things they need in order to participate and be an active part of my settlement.

-The New Player can't contact me either (since we are not on at the same time zone), and gets frustrated, drops out of my settlement. Goes somewhere else (if not leave the game altogether).

-I have to hope SOMEONE from my settlement/alliance is monitoring the general chat, knows that the New Player is part of my settlement/alliance or happens to ask about my settlement/alliance so they can give them basic info (website & voice coms) so they can become and active member.

-If by bad luck neither I or none of my settlement/alliance members are online when New Player is on, there is no communication; player gets bored by lack of community involvement and communication. Leave Games.

-New Player leaves PFO, and leaves negative feedback on various social media platforms of the bad experience.

-Fewer people are willing to give PFO a try. Player base fails to grow.

-Less people playing means less revenue which means no increase in development staff size which means slower implementation of new features which means the less attractive and competitive PFO is with other games in the same "market", which keeps the current player population base low which means the already implemented game features are not scaled for the actual amount of people playing which leads to lots of emptiness, downtime and lack of interaction which means MORE players leave the game and thus lowers the player base even more…..

At some point keeping the current player base from leaving (stop the bleeding), get more people to play (healing) and increase the player base (growth) needs to be a priority. Having in game social & communications tools is not a cure all or a magic bullet, but it sure as heck is a step in the right direction. These tools are needed NOW to have any fighting chance of getting the new players in this Humble Bundle PFO promotion to stick around and pay a monthly fee and help grow the player base.

It is IMENSNLY frustrating that I cannot communicate in game with my own members. My settlement will never have a fighting chance to grow and thrive if the most basic thing as being able to communicate in game is not present.

While this is my personal view, I feel confident that other settlement leaders share my frustration (on this and similar matters).

Flari-Merchant
There is Discord. Maybe we can PM friends on the game's Discord? Otherwise they should be registering at dominion.guildlaunch.com.

Aside from that, it is pretty frustrating. Friends list and in game PM should have been a priority from DAY ONE. It's a social game about GROUP ACTIVITY as the game's paramount Golarion Life Lesson.

Prospective: "Can I solo this game?"

<laughing in the background>

Developer: "You are going to die a lot!"
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
You are a Troll
…and just to pile on, even though its been said repeatedly - this is the ONLY forum I have ever seen that has no PM feature AND no search feature. Its just crazy that it doesn't have those basic features! smile
Tyncale
Why not start using the Paizo forum again, right now?

Still there, under Pathfinder Licensed products.

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoInc/licensees/pathfinderOnline

I would add a few subforums, but nothing as crazy as we have here on these forums.

People need to make a Paizo account but at least they will know this game is still very much an initiative from Paizo and the Pathfinder IP.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Giorgio
@Tyncale,

For me I don't use the Paizo forums due to lack of activity and also it's ANOTHER forum to keep track of, in addition to this one and the DOTNM one.

When GW closes this forum down is when I will start using the Paizo one.

Also, nice to see you posting again. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post