Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 16.1 Preliminary Release Notes

Bringslite
You are a Troll
So doesn't sound at all like the usual fun holiday event that rewards the long suffering stalwarts of the game with a fun challenge to focus on but more like putting sand in the Vaseline and asking us all to bend over.

Thanks but no thanks.
The reaction to ammo was all "sandy vaseline" too. It seems pretty popular now. We are clever enough to find ways for and around any AI that will make it engaging and fun. Just give it some time. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bob
However, the team only forgets that one target, so the effect is different when there's a group of players. Then the team just switches to a different target, assuming multiple players are on the team hate list, so only the leashed mob heads back to its spawnpoint.

This has not previously been the case at all. I regularly am running around well inside leash range with several mobs on me taking down a target when suddenly everything leashes, my mobs included.
Bob
Edam
Bob
However, the team only forgets that one target, so the effect is different when there's a group of players. Then the team just switches to a different target, assuming multiple players are on the team hate list, so only the leashed mob heads back to its spawnpoint.

This has not previously been the case at all. I regularly am running around well inside leash range with several mobs on me taking down a target when suddenly everything leashes, my mobs included.

There's a lot going on in the AI, so sometimes it's hard to tell what caused a bunch of units to run back. One possibility is that a lot of the mobs chasing you all ran out of hate for you at once because they weren't managing to damage you and the shared hate from the damage you were doing to another target wasn't quite enough to keep them hating you. In that case they don't so much leash back as just lose interest. The surprising thing would be if the mob you're targeting also heads back at the same time, since that target should have plenty of hate for you, even if it currently has more hate for someone else. Of course, with the current system, the damage you're doing could push your target's leash range down enough to make them head back suddenly, though it'd be quite a coincidence to happen at the same time.
You are a Troll
Bringslite
You are a Troll
So doesn't sound at all like the usual fun holiday event that rewards the long suffering stalwarts of the game with a fun challenge to focus on but more like putting sand in the Vaseline and asking us all to bend over.

Thanks but no thanks.
The reaction to ammo was all "sandy vaseline" too. It seems pretty popular now. We are clever enough to find ways for and around any AI that will make it engaging and fun. Just give it some time. smile

If you think you are going to like grinding through Mordants or Elite Dark Elves MORE now with these changes - when it already had pretty much ceased to be any real fun long ago - then I think you may be a masochist!
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Bringslite
You are a Troll

Thanks but no thanks.

If you think you are going to like grinding through Mordants or Elite Dark Elves MORE now with these changes - when it already had pretty much ceased to be any real fun long ago - then I think you may be a masochist!
Lol. I can't deny that I probably have several less than desirable personality traits! smile

One thing that I do like about this is that every set of behavior patterns that Bob and Cole create for the AI can be stored and saved. Each little new tweak can, in it's addition to the collected other patterns, essentially make the over-all AI potentially more unpredictable, challenging and "smarter" (if you will allow a certain "looseness" to the term). Someday that may lead to an AI that is far better to the game.

Someday the Team may be able to present the AI with a range of possible behaviors which make them much more interesting! I am sure though, that we will be able to outsmart all of them, but things will not have to be so "stale" feeling (especially for newer players) as soon as they do for us.

Remember Hard is actually Fun! That is a positive. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Someday, goblins might flee when they are getting trounced. Mordant Spire might decide to focus on spell casters. Ogre breeds might try to "gang trounce" warrior types. Simple examples.

Eventually mixed groups, Masters with lesser mob troops, might be able to exhibit different but mixed actions that tactically feel like coordinated, planned behaviors, etc…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
was somewhat expecting ustilav legends to stun more than once a combat ..
elemental s to fling you more often than just their opening move…
mordants and casters not to wait till they do a specific thing before trying their range attacks..

Generally most PVE mobs have the same sequence of attacks - and knowing those as a range rogue can make most PvE easy
Was kind of hoping some of that got addressed - guess will have to see..
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite
One thing that I do like about this is that every set of behavior patterns that Bob and Cole create for the AI can be stored and saved. Each little new tweak can, in it's addition to the collected other patterns, essentially make the over-all AI potentially more unpredictable, challenging and "smarter" (if you will allow a certain "looseness" to the term). Someday that may lead to an AI that is far better to the game.

Someday the Team may be able to present the AI with a range of possible behaviors which make them much more interesting! I am sure though, that we will be able to outsmart all of them, but things will not have to be so "stale" feeling (especially for newer players) as soon as they do for us.

Remember Hard is actually Fun! That is a positive. smile

One of these days, they'll arm mobs with both range and melee weapons. Try to kite, they pull out a range weapon. Smash them with melee, they pull out a melee weapon to fight back. Until then, I'll enjoy all the opportunity they give while shooting a bow while I'm smacking them with a greatsword.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Maxen
I see this as correcting a tactic used by gamers across all games: How can I use the limitations of system mechanics to my advantage? Standing back at the leash range of large mobs, waiting for the melee to leash, and then taking out their ranged attackers is a prime example and one of which that I am completely and until the latest patch, happily guilty.

PvE combat is limited to how the system is programmed to think. These changes are still programs, but at least they "think" a little more like PvP players. "If I'm taking damage, I'm getting the F out of combat." Sure, it's annoying because we're the heroes of the game and heroes are supposed to win, but I appreciate any effort Bob makes to make combat more realistic instead of standing back and beating a system mechanic to death.
Bringslite
Smitty
was somewhat expecting ustilav legends to stun more than once a combat ..
elemental s to fling you more often than just their opening move…
mordants and casters not to wait till they do a specific thing before trying their range attacks..

Generally most PVE mobs have the same sequence of attacks - and knowing those as a range rogue can make most PvE easy
Was kind of hoping some of that got addressed - guess will have to see..
I agree that it would add much to see the Ele's and others using their specials more than once per leash.

lol May I live to regret writing that!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post