Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Codex Crafting Suggestion

Schedim
How about this, move the crafting of Codices to the Library building (Keep everything else the same. Skill, level mats etc).
This would make the Library a bit more useful (major gain) and declutter the various crafting studios (a very minor gain).
Would also make the Library Holding more than a vanity item.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Flari-Merchant
^Like This^
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Maxen
+1
malmuerta
+1
harneloot
Schedim
How about this, move the crafting of Codices to the Library building (Keep everything else the same. Skill, level mats etc).

That makes complete sense!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bob
An intriguing idea, so I've added a feature request to our database to look into it at some point. The downside is that there are at least two big technical hurdles to making such a change:

1. We currently attach recipes to buildings based on the skill required to learn those recipes, so we'd have to code up a way to have some recipes override that. Feasible, but a fair amount of work. Could open up some other interesting possibilities as well, so worth considering.
  2. In Thornkeep, we've currently moved all the crafting buildings to one hex so they can all access the bank. The library is currently in another hex, so it would have to be moved while Thornkeep still operates under that restriction. However, that's something we'd like to fix eventually, so that we can move the crafting buildings back to the other hex and take some of the pressure off of that single hex. Once that's done, it makes this change a bit easier, but that's going to be a major undertaking.
Schedim
Ah! Buggers with the blockers!
A further possibility of clearing the first one would be that you could sell a an second crafting (at a reduced level) add on to the Crafter studio.
And perhaps similar craftable refining addons to Holdings to make them a bit more unique and modular.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Edam
Note that this change will may make things tricky for settlements that opted to not worry about a library. Though I suppose you could add codexes to a holding (manor or hermitage) to provide an alternative.
Schedim
Edam
Note that this change will may make things tricky for settlements that opted to not worry about a library. Though I suppose you could add codexes to a holding (manor or hermitage) to provide an alternative.

Absolutely, but that would be the function to fullfill by the Library Holding!

Also I have no pity for those who ignore libraries :-)
Azure_Zero
Schedim

Why not have The "Current" Codex crafting buildings AND the Library for codex crafting, as some settlements don't have a library and might not be in a area suitable for a Library Holding to be put up.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post