Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Blessed Territory Auction

Bob
Welcome to the Blessed Territory Auction!

There are currently ten hexes around Fort Inevitable (map and coordinates below) that can’t be claimed because there’s no spot to put a holding in them. With the next update, holdings can be placed in each of those hexes. To avoid a mad rush to do so right after the update is deployed, and to avoid disadvantaging anyone who can’t be online at that time, we’re running an auction to bid on first-week building rights in exchange for Blessings of Pharasma (or for coins, though even a single Blessing will outbid any amount of coins). In addition, each winning bid will receive an optional free teardown of the buildings in another hex (kits and influence normally lost in teardowns will be returned, teardown hex must be owned by the same company that places a holding in the auctioned hex) to make hex exchanges easier.

We’re also extending the timeline for turning Blessings in for Boons at a five-for-one-ish exchange rate until the auction is completed so everyone can hold onto their Blessings and still take full advantage of that offer with any left over after the auction.

Bidders for these building rights must be an active character and must be bidding on behalf of a company/settlement that the character is an owner/leader of. There is no restriction on the number of bidders an individual player can use to submit bids, nor to the number of banner companies a settlement can use. However, the active character, settlement/company and vault must be unique to each bid. To place your bids, send an email to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com before Daily Maintenance on Monday, March 15 listing the following (more detailed template below):

• Your active character and the company/settlement you’re bidding on behalf of, both unique to this bid.
  • The hexes you’re bidding on listed in priority order.
  • The amount of Blessings or coins you’re bidding for each hex. These amounts can be the same across all the hexes, or drop as the hex priority drops, and can even shift from Blessings to coins. For bids in Blessings, also list the maximum amount of backup coins you'd be willing to pay if your bid is automatically reduced below 1 Blessing (i.e. if you'd rather pay 1 Blessing instead of paying more than 1 Silver, but would prefer to pay 1 Silver or less and keep the Blessing, say 1 Silver).
  • A shared vault (owned by a Company or Settlement, not a Personal or Party vault), including the vault’s location, containing enough resources to cover the highest bid in Blessings and the highest bid in coins. No two bidders can share the same vault, and be sure you have sufficient control of the vault to prevent your resources from being removed before the bids are processed.

We strongly suggest that initial bids be emailed a week or so in advance in case any issues need to be corrected. Edits will be accepted right up until the deadline, including changes to bid amounts.

Right after Daily Maintenance on Monday, March 15 we’ll process the bids. First, the highest bid (or, in the case of a tie, a bid chosen randomly from those tied for highest) will be identified and the activity status of the bidding character will be checked. If active, we’ll then verify that there are sufficient resources in the listed vault to cover the highest bid made in each resource. If the resources are there, they’ll be given the building rights to their highest-priority hex, all other bids from that character will be removed from contention, and so will all other bids for that hex. If they’re inactive or lack sufficient resources, all of that character’s bids will be removed from contention. We’ll repeat the process until building rights have been awarded for all ten hexes. We’ll then reduce each winner’s bid to the lowest amount leading to the exact same results even if everyone else’s bids remained the same, with bids in Blessings being reduced to coins if there are no competing bids in Blessings, and all bids reduced to one Copper Coin at minimum.

Finally, we’ll collect the winning bids and post the results. For each hex, the winning company/settlement will be posted, but not the amount paid.

Once the update is deployed, the winners will have one week to place their holding and two weeks to receive their optional free teardown (exact timing to be arranged with a GM). If anyone else places a holding and/or outposts without the winner’s permission before that week is up, we will remove those buildings with GM commands. Once each winner places their holding, their building rights end and their buildings are open to attack under the standard rules.

This map has the hexes we're auctioning off marked as A-J, and here are their coordinates:

• A: -16,15
  • B: -15,14
  • C: -14,14
  • D: -12,15
  • E: -11,15
  • F: -11,16
  • G: -11,17
  • H: -14,19
  • I: -15,18
  • J: -16,18

Please submit all bids using the following sample as a template:
  • Character: Paizo Bob
  • Company/Settlement: A Band of Bidders
  • Vault: A Band of Bidders Company Secure
  • Vault Location: Thornkeep
  • Hexes in Priority Order:
    • E: 3 Blessings (1 Gold backup)
    • A: 3 Blessings (1 Gold backup)
    • F: 1 Blessing (1 Gold backup)
    • B: 1 Gold
    • J: 1 Gold
    • C: 1 Silver
    • D: 1 Copper
    • I: 1 Copper
    • H: None
    • G: None

Best of luck to all!

Edit 1: Fixed deadline to be March 15, it was incorrectly listed as March 1 in one place.
Bob
I fixed a typo on both the blog post and the original post in this thread where the deadline was listed as March 1 in one place and March 15 in another. It now reads correctly as March 15 in both places, meaning everyone has just a couple days shy of three weeks to get their bids in or to revise them.
Bob
A little less than 1 week left to get your bids in, or to revise your existing bids. Bidding ends when Daily Maintenance starts on Monday, March 15.

There's no minimum bid, so even if you're only really interested in a few specific hexes, feel free to put down a lowball bid on the remaining hexes. If you want to avoid taking a hex away from someone who's more interested in it, just bid 1 Copper. That says you'll take it if nobody else bids for it, or if everyone who does bid for it gets a higher-priority choice instead, but won't take it away from anyone with a serious bid who would have won had you not bid for it. At worst, you're driving their final price up from 1 Copper to 2 Copper in order to beat your bid.
Bob
I also want to reiterate that you don't want to wait until the last minute to send in your bids. Many of the bids sent in so far have required some back-and-forth to work out issues that could have invalidated the bids. I won't be able to ask for corrections and have time to get them back if I don't see a bid until right before Daily Maintenance on Monday. Even waiting until Saturday or Sunday could mean that we don't finish up our little game of Email Tag in time. After the deadline, I won't be accepting corrections, and invalid bids will have missed their chance.

Much better to send in your initial bids now, then update them over the weekend if you happen to get more Blessings or coins and want to increase your bids. Those kinds of changes are unlikely to cause problems, and on the off-chance that you don't manage to get the additional resources into your vault before the deadline or some other problem arises, I'll still honor your most recent valid bids.

See the original post for the bid template and send your bids to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com.
Bob
In case this doesn't come across clearly in the rules, each bid represents either a company or a settlement, not both. This means that most settlements are eligible to put in at least two bids, one from the settlement itself (using an active settlement owner) and one from the founding company (using an active company leader). As long as those use two different active characters, and put their resources in two different vaults, they meet the requirements. If the settlement has banner companies, each of those can submit bids as well, and feel free to create more companies if needed.

I don't recommend splitting the Blessings up between those bids, unless you're just not willing to pay more than a certain number of Blessings per hex. I do however recommend taking advantage of this to put in coin-only bids across the board. They may not seem super-competitive, but you never know what will happen depending on how different bidders prioritize different hexes.
Bob
Just under three more days to get in your bids, but I really recommend getting them in today so we have the weekend to work out any issues. I've replied to all the bids that came in, so if you haven't heard from me yet, check your junk mail folders and/or reach out to me again to make sure your bid gets recorded.
Bob
For those of you coordinating multiple bids, whether with other players or just between your own characters, be aware that I'll treat each bid as totally separate and bidding against each other even if I'm aware that it's intended as part of a coordinated effort. There are advantages and disadvantages to different ways of coordinating such bids, particularly in terms of whether you include the same hexes on each bid or whether you put hexes in the same priority order. I leave the exercise of determining the ideal method of coordination for each situation to you, dear readers, just know that I won't be taking the intended coordination into account when picking winners or setting the final prices.
Bob
Last day (and night) to get your bids and revisions in before tomorrow's Daily Maintenance. Increase your bids if you found more Blessings, add on smaller bids for other hexes if you're open to second choices, make sure any issues I've pointed out about your bids are cleared up, and finally cross your fingers and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone!
Bob
Bids and revisions for the Blessed Territory Auction are now closed! Amazingly, we were able to sort out every issue on every problem bid before the deadline. Many thanks to all of you for your patience and quick turnaround on all my requests.

I'm starting the process of picking winners and collecting payments, which I'll finish up today or tomorrow. OE 2.5 is still looking good on the Test Server, so we're planning to deploy it to Live on Wednesday, meaning winners won't have to wait long to exercise their first-week building rights.

Meanwhile, be careful not to move the bid resources out of your vaults until I post the winners. I'll be pulling the payments directly from the vaults while I work my way through the bids, and if the resources aren't there when I come for them, I'll move on to the next bidder instead.
Bob
Congratulations to the winners of the Blessed Territory Auction! Here they are, listed in alphabetical hex order:

• A (-16,15): Black List (banner company of Ozem's Vigil)
  • B (-15,14): Bloodstone Swords (banner company of University Commons)
  • C (-14,14): Cauchemar
  • D (-12,15): Combattants de Cauchemar (banner company of Cauchemar)
  • E (-11,15): Nightstalkers (banner company of Carpe Noctem)
  • F (-11,16): Coureurs de Cauchemar (founding company of Cauchemar)
  • G (-11,17): Templomo Taltos (banner company of Brighthaven)
  • H (-14,19): Aragon Vagabonds (banner company of Aragon)
  • I (-15,18): Fort Ouroboros
  • J (-16,18): Alchemical Romance (banner company of Fort Ouroboros)

Where the winning bidder represented a company, I listed that company's settlement membership, but that shouldn't be taken as meaning the company was necessarily acting on behalf of that settlement. It's just information anyone can easily look up and I wanted to give you all a quick picture of how the winners are spread across the map without making each of you go through that effort yourself. Of course, some of the winners may have been bidding on behalf of others, or may intend to trade their hex to another party, so the final distribution won't be clear until everyone exercises their first-week building rights. Assuming we deploy OE 2.5 to Live on Wednesday, March 17 as planned, winners will have until Daily Maintenance on Wednesday, March 24 to exercise those rights.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post